Monday, October 5, 2020

Haibun


Anonymous

The Greek Philosopher Aristotle says: “Man is by nature a social animal”. Staying in a gated community draws attention as elite occupants in big cities, but I have my own sour experience of socialization.  When quarried about someone, the gentleman says, “Oh!  Perhaps the man who stays on the 4th floor  is a Lawyer as quite often he is seen with a black apron when he steps out.”  “I do not know the man next neighbor, probably is a dentist as I could see once carrying some moulds of teeth”, wryly one resident points out,  seeing my anxious face seemingly enquiring about something.

For some untimely emergency, the security person once voices out of enthusiasm, “You can go to the doctor who resides in the 7th floor. I see him during a morning  walk, probably he is retired as he continues to stroll even well past 9 am.” Seldom I could find someone introducing one with his first name. I remember, Anthony Giddens, a British Sociologist rightly opines, “Human actions and their reactions are the only reality and we cannot regard societies or systems as having an existence over and above individuals.” 

artificial intelligence

I start cramming grammar

of machine learning                                                                          

 

World Haiku Review, Autumn 2020 (Ed-in-Chief Susumu Takiguchi; Ed: Rohini Gupta)

                                   

                        **********   **********     **********

A Bridging-Dialect

I switch on to the channel that occasionally I see. It is a talk-show on the tribal language named ‘Ho’ of Odisha State of India. The learned participant narrates the folklore literature and recites melodiously a couple of stanza in between. I feel the discussion is like a long haibun interspersed with the rendition of verses. Curiously I concentrate on the translated version. I browse google to search the meaning of ‘Ho’ and I feel, it has been momentous for mankind to quest!

gene mapping--

the ripples in the water

from a point


World Haiku Review, Autumn 2020 (Ed-in-Chief Susumu Takiguchi; Ed: Rohini Gupta)

 

**********   **********   **********

The Game of Life

I used to play fun with my daughter, Rupa, quite often pretend that I lose the game. She aptly observes the trick of mine feigning to be on the losing side. Often it happens, even after a win in the game, she is not inclined to claim her own.

A long time has been passed since then. She feels pride for the things she owns in the right way and right spirit. Today I feel like the winner of the game.

early dawn--

the nestling flies away

leaving distance with me

 

World Haiku Review, Autumn 2020 (Ed-in-Chief Susumu Takiguchi; Ed: Rohini Gupta)

  **********   **********     **********

https://sites.google.com/site/worldhaikureview2/autumn-2020-issue/haibun

No comments:

Post a Comment