Saturday, October 27, 2018

I am delighted to share that my poem, “How Beautiful”, published in 1983 in the leading Newspaper, Indian Express, has been included in the Undergraduate English curriculum as per CBSE, 2018 for the Semester-I, Paper A of the prestigious Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Other prominent personalities whose poems and literary articles included in the syllabus are Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, E F Schumacher, Martin Luther King, Sundaram, and Iftikar Rizvi.

I take this opportunity to express my gratitude to all my poet friends and well-wishers.

***

HOW BEAUTIFUL

If birds could talk
Trees could walk with us
Flowers could express their cause of smile
Spring could speak its desire
And meaning of songs to the rocks
Waves could stop for a while so that
We could have some words with them

Silence could spell out its
Aim of being a saint
Past could return and
Open its petals afresh
Graveyard could wake up
After the sunrise
And chat with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment