Sunday, March 28, 2021


 

Way to Classical

 
There still lies the pleasure of searching old books in the street shops for poetry lovers. More than three decades ago, while walking down the street of Dehradun in a winter morning, I picked up some rare and prized collections: The Major Metaphysical Poets, The Major Romantic Poets, The Major Victorian Poets, published by Washington Square Press, New York.

Today the withered, brown-tinted pages continue to emit the fragrance of freshness, and the writings unfold the ardent lyrical musicality and idyllic significance. My passion lingers on for collecting the pearls from the ocean of verses. I turn aside over my chair:  my daughter renders me a moon-smile scrolling on the Kindle edition of Modern English!

 
early summer
the wildflowers
I pick up
strewn along  
seldom trekked walkway

Valley Voices, The Literary Review, Mississippi Valley State University, Vol. 21, No.1, Spring 2021 (Ed. John Jheng)

 

  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment