Sunday, August 1, 2021

 Mirror Image

 
As I revisit the scripts in my old diary, I am walking down to the Buddha statue and taking a turn in the garden path.  I notice that parents are keeping an eye on their children playing hide and seek.
 
I hear many conversations:  women chattering about new tenants, about the maidservants, about schooling of kids and their naughtiness, about bits of current politics, and about the rise in prices . . .
 
How beautiful to watch the nearby child talking to herself and talking to her toys!  Making them a bath, dressing in tiny frocks, feeding them the milk of joy, and cradling them to sleep!
 
I pause for a while looking up at the sky.
 
the way
she writes
‘b’ as ‘d’


Drifting the Sands Haibun, Issue 10, 2021 (Guest Editor: Keith Polette)

https://drifting-sands-haibun.org/07/2021/mirror-image/

No comments:

Post a Comment